DUTIES OF THE HISTORIAN
The Historian shall supervise the historical work of the Division and Chapters and endeavor to create interest in the study of the history of the South and the War Between the States.
She shall assist Chapters in planning historical programs and shall serve as Chairman of the Historical Essay Contest.
She shall cooperate with the Preservation of Confederate Records Committee in the collecting of Confederate Records of the United Daughters of the Confederacy and unpublished records of the Confederacy, especially those relating to Florida and encourage Chapter Historians to do the same.
She shall have a file of past Division Officers, Conventions, Programs and Minutes.
She shall have charge of all historical papers belonging to the Division.
She shall be responsible for preparation of the Division Scrapbook each year of her term and may appoint a committee to assist her with this duty.
She shall process applications for the Jefferson Davis Historical Medal. She shall forward approved applications, accompanied by checks (SEE STANDING RULES) made payable to “Treasurer General UDC” to the Historian General.
At Annual Division Convention, she shall be in charge of Historical Evening and Banquet and in cooperation with the Division President and Convention Chairman, plan the program and preside at the Banquet.
She shall submit a report to the Annual Division Convention.
“We are primarily a historical society and though not makers of history, we are only a degree removed as ‘keepers of history.’ In our hands lies the history of the South, as it shall be told to future generations."
Historical Essay Contest
Each year the Historian posts an essay topic. Members are encouraged to submit entries which are due by June 30. See entry forms and rules under the President's Kit page.
- Find a Chapter
- Executive Board >
- Ancient City 2232
- Anna Jackson 224
- Annie Coleman 225
- Annie H. Darracott 791
- Augusta Jane Evans Wilson 2640
- Betty Lykes Stringer 2407
- Bonnie Blue Flag 2329
- Canaveral Light 2358
- Captain John Wesley Whiddon 2501
- Confederate Cantinieres 2405
- Confederate Salt Works 2269
- ELIZA BARNS McLENDON CHAPTER 2209
- Florence Collier 1758
- Fort Myers Chapter #2614
- GENERAL J.E.B. STUART CHAPTER 2150
- General Joseph Eggleston Johnston 2317
- General Robert Bullock 2420
- Granville Beville 2234
- Henry Patrick Gradick Chapter 2406
- Jacksonville Chapter 1128
- Judah P. Benjamin 1545
- Kate Dilworth Scott 2496
- Kirby Smith 202
- Marion Dragoons 2311
- Martha Reid 19
- Mattie T. Wright 2533
- Osceola Confederate Dames 2684
- Pensacola 298
- R. Don McLeod 2469
- Simpson Mounted Rangers 2685
- Southern Cross 796
- St. Marys River 2668
- Stonewall Jackson 19891
- Suwannee River 2715
- Tampa Chapter #113
- Thomas Benton Ellis Chapter 1816
- William Henry Milton 1039
- Camp Captain Mooney
- Benevolent Activities Committee
- Correct Use of the Confederate Flags
- Grave Markers
- Judah P. Benjamin Award
- Magazine Historical and News Editor
- Magazine Subscriptions
- Monuments and Memorial Markers
- Mrs. Norman V. Randolph Relief Fund/Real Daughters
- Music of the Confederacy
- Patriotic Activities
- Preservation of Records of Historic Sites
- Recognition of Service of Black Confederates
- Records of Interments of Confederate Veterans
- Southern Literature and Arts
- Website Committee
- Fee Schedule
- Florida Division Convention
- Florida UDC History
- For Newer Members
- Minutes Book Archive
- Orange Blossom Banner
- President's Kit
- Florida Division UDC Newsletters
- Alternate Rootsweb
- Florida War History
- Gamble Plantation
- UDC General Site
- Children of the Confederacy®